With avocados in season and supermarkets doing great 2 for $4 or even $3 deals, it’s good to be able to stock up on these little nuggets of creamy deliciousness. This is a scrumptious, tangy concoction that can be used as a salad dressing, a topping for fish or poached eggs or as a sandwich spread.
Sorry, no photo – it just looks like green mayonnaise with mustard seeds!
- 2 avocados
- ½ cup mayonnaise (no sugar mayo is best - I use my own homemade)
- zest and juice of one lemon, or to taste
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place peeled and de-seeded avocados and remaining ingredients into bowl.
- Blend all on speed 3 for 5 seconds
- Scrape down and repeat until well mixed.
I haven’t frozen this, but I imagine it would freeze fine. If you happen to have a friend with an avocado tree or you are able to get a really good deal on a bag of avo’s, then this would be an ideal way to use them up.
I love tangy dressings, but if it’s too tart, just add a dash of honey.